Surgical Instruments – Urology Instruments
Urology instruments are medical tools used in the field of urology, which focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions affecting the urinary tract and male reproductive system. These instruments are used for a variety of procedures, including urological exams, diagnostic tests, and surgical procedures.
Examples of urology instruments include:
- Cystoscopes: These are instruments used to examine the bladder and urethra for abnormalities.
- Ureteroscopes: These are instruments used to examine the ureters, which are tubes that connect the kidneys to the bladder.
- Prostate biopsy needles: These are instruments used to obtain a small tissue sample from the prostate gland for diagnostic testing.
- Lithotripters: These are instruments used to break up kidney stones or other urinary tract stones using shock waves.
- Urethral dilators: These are instruments used to widen the urethra, which is the tube that carries urine out of the bladder.
- Cystourethroscopes: These are instruments used to examine the bladder and urethra, and to perform minimally invasive surgical procedures.
- Urethrotomes: These are instruments used to remove or incise scar tissue in the urethra.
It is essential that healthcare professionals who use urology instruments are properly trained in their use and maintenance to ensure patient safety and minimize the risk of infection. Proper sterilization and cleaning protocols must also be followed to prevent the spread of infection and ensure that the instruments remain in good condition for future use.
Schultz Medical are leading Manufacturers of Urology Instruments
All medical instruments from Schultz Medical are Made in the UK.
CE certified products from an ISO 9001 & 13485 accredited company.