Biopsy and Grasping Forceps
Single use semi rigid Forceps with Single action jaw. Length 38cm
5fr and 7fr available
All medical instruments from Schultz Medical are Made in the UK.
CE certified products from an ISO 9001 & 13485 accredited company.
What are Biopsy and Grasping Forceps?
Biopsy and grasping forceps are surgical instruments used during various medical procedures to remove tissue or cells for examination or to grasp and manipulate tissue. They can be used for both diagnostic and therapeutic purposes. There are various types of biopsy and grasping forceps, each designed for specific purposes and procedures.
Some common types of biopsy and grasping forceps are:
- Alligator Forceps: These are long and thin forceps with serrated jaws that can be used to grasp and remove small objects or tissue samples.
- Punch Biopsy Forceps: These forceps are used to remove cylindrical tissue samples. They have a circular blade at the end of the jaws that can be used to punch through the tissue.
- Grasping Forceps: These are designed to grasp and hold tissue or objects. They have straight or curved jaws with serrated or smooth tips.
- Endoscopic Biopsy Forceps: These are used during endoscopic procedures to take biopsy samples of internal organs, such as the lungs or digestive tract.
- Bone Marrow Biopsy Forceps: These are used to take samples of bone marrow for examination.
The choice of biopsy and grasping forceps will depend on the specific procedure and the tissue or object to be removed or manipulated.