Choose Medical News By Speciality
Some feed pages can be slow to load
Our latest medical news is updated hourly providing the latest news on each feed to ensure that you have all the latest information available in one easy to reach resource.
MedPageToday.com - medical news for physicians Latest Headlines News
- Midlife Women With Declining Eyesight: Are They Also Looking at Future Depression?on October 27, 2021 at 12:01 am
(MedPage Today) -- Any degree of visual impairment seemed to be linked with future depression for midlife women, researchers reported. In an analysis of 226 women, mild distance visual impairment -- eyesight between 20/30 and 20/60 -- was...
- Alan Jackson's Neurological Disorderon October 26, 2021 at 7:00 pm
(MedPage Today) -- In a recent interview with the Today show's Jenna Bush Hager, iconic country singer Alan Jackson revealed that he has been suffering from an increasingly debilitating nerve disorder. Jackson, 62, said he had been diagnosed with...
- 911 Call Centers Unprepared for Mental Health, Substance Use Criseson October 26, 2021 at 6:30 pm
(MedPage Today) -- Emergency call centers don't have what they need to handle mental health and substance use crises, according to a survey by the Pew Charitable Trusts. "When it comes to responding to behavioral health crisis calls, 911 call...
- Rare Neurologic Events More Common After COVID Infection Than After Vaccineon October 26, 2021 at 6:00 pm
(MedPage Today) -- Risk of neurologic complications was higher after SARS-CoV-2 infection than after COVID-19 vaccination, an analysis of 32 million people in England showed. Observed neurologic events associated with the Oxford-AstraZeneca and...
- What's Driving the COVID Rapid Test Shortage?on October 26, 2021 at 5:30 pm
(MedPage Today) -- When the COVID-19 pandemic hit, Leo Friedman pivoted his corporate gifting company, iPromo, to help provide his clients with needed products like masks and gloves. Now that many of those clients have their employees returning...
Latest headlines from BMJ BMJ RSS feed -- articles published in the last few days
- Partha Kar: Making sense of the health multiverseby Partha Kar on October 26, 2021 at 1:46 pm
The world of Marvel movies and comics involves a whole multiverse where it can be hard to make sense of what’s really happening—which Spider-Man exists in which reality, or which main characters are...
- Helen Salisbury: When do we switch to plan B?by Helen Salisbury on October 26, 2021 at 1:36 pm
How long do you continue with a course of action that isn’t working? When patients first have high blood pressure or diabetes diagnosed, many are keen to take the problem into their own hands, to...
- Medics get on their bikes to fight air pollutionby Alison Shepherd on October 26, 2021 at 10:41 am
bmj;375/oct26_2/n2601/FAF1faRajith AryanThirty paediatric health workers from across the UK and their supporters line up in King’s Cross, London, to start the first leg of an 800 km ride to Glasgow...
- Strengthening the reporting of observational studies in epidemiology using mendelian randomisation (STROBE-MR): explanation and elaborationby Veronika W Skrivankova, Rebecca C Richmond, Benjamin A R Woolf, Neil M Davies, Sonja A Swanson, Tyler J VanderWeele, Nicholas J Timpson, Julian P T Higgins, Niki Dimou, Claudia Langenberg, Elizabeth W Loder, Robert M Golub, Matthias Egger, George Davey Smith, J Brent Richards on October 26, 2021 at 9:21 am
Observational epidemiology often examines the associations between exposures and health outcomes. However, such associations reported in epidemiological studies are often not reliable estimates of...
- Covid-19: UK stockpiles two unapproved antiviral drugs for treatment at homeby Elisabeth Mahase on October 25, 2021 at 1:41 pm
The UK has started stockpiling two antiviral drugs as part of a plan to give people who are staying at home with covid-19 a treatment to reduce symptoms and the spread of the virus.The government has...
New Scientist - Health New Scientist - Health
- Covid-19 news: Model predicts UK cases will fall even without Plan Bon October 26, 2021 at 12:43 pm
The latest coronavirus news updated every day including coronavirus cases, the latest news, features and interviews from New Scientist and essential information about the covid-19 pandemic
- Male fertility could be restored by reimplanting frozen testes tissueon October 25, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Preserving stem cells that go on to produce sperm and reimplanting them later can restore fertility for people who have undergone cancer treatments such as chemotherapy
- How much less likely are you to spread covid-19 if you're vaccinated?on October 23, 2021 at 8:00 am
Vaccination still greatly reduces the risk of infecting others despite the arrival of the delta variant, recent studies show
- Children born without key immune cells saved with engineered organon October 22, 2021 at 8:00 am
Children who would normally have died because they lack an important immune organ can now survive thanks to a special thigh implant that produces immune cells
- Gun violence rose 30 per cent in the US during the covid-19 pandemicon October 21, 2021 at 6:44 pm
Gun violence rose overall in the US during the covid-19 pandemic. The highest increase was seen in Minnesota, while Alaska had a dip in gun violence cases
- 2000 to 2018 Saw Increase in Incidence of Pancreatic Canceron October 27, 2021 at 3:51 am
Incidence increased for men and women; relative increase greater for women versus men aged younger than 55 years
- FDA Advisors Approve Emergency Use of Pfizer Vaccine in Children 5 to 11on October 27, 2021 at 2:56 am
Vote was nearly unanimous at 17 to 0, with one abstention; FDA expected to make a final ruling in a matter of days
- Fetal Mortality Drops to Historic Low of 5.70 Per 1,000 in 2019on October 27, 2021 at 2:53 am
Fetal mortality rate was lower than 2018 for deaths occurring at 20 to 27 weeks, no different for deaths occurring at 28 or more weeks
- Biden Admin Offers Details of Vaccination Requirements for Foreign Travelerson October 27, 2021 at 2:48 am
New policy comes as the Biden administration eases restrictions that ban nonessential travel from several dozen countries
- White House Takes More Steps to Up Supply of Rapid At-Home COVID-19 Testson October 27, 2021 at 2:42 am
Tests will be be particularly useful during flu season because the tests can help distinguish between the flu and COVID-19
Medical Daily Latest News
- 11 Intermittent Fasting Tips For Success, Hunger & Weight Losson October 26, 2021 at 3:01 pm
Do you want to lose weight? Try intermittent fasting! Here are 11 useful tips to guide you including the best intermittent fasting app you can start using today.
- 10 Best Healthy Candy Options To Give Out This Halloween 2021on October 25, 2021 at 4:31 pm
Are you excited to celebrate Halloween this year? Here are the healthiest candy alternatives you can give out to trick-or-treaters!
- CBD For Allergies: Here's How It Helps Alleviate Symptomson October 22, 2021 at 3:07 pm
Can CBD help with allergies? Here are the best CBD products you can try today.
- 10 Best Smartwatch With Heart Rate Monitor On Saleon October 21, 2021 at 3:23 pm
Here are the best smartwatches with heart rate monitors that can help you maximize your workouts and track your progress.
- Yes, We Should Be Keeping The Healthier Hand-Washing Habits We Developed At The Start Of The Pandemicon October 21, 2021 at 7:48 am
Washing your hands is an easy and effective way to reduce the spread of illness.
Medscape Medical News Headlines Latest medical news from Medscape
- Autism Prevalence as High as 10% in Some New Jersey Communitieson October 27, 2021 at 12:22 am
The prevalence of autism spectrum disorder in some New Jersey school districts is triple the national average, a new analysis shows. Medscape Medical News
- FDA Panel Votes to Approve Pfizer's Vaccine for Childrenon October 26, 2021 at 9:47 pm
Despite some questions and concerns, the advisory panel felt the benefits outweighed the risks for children 5-11. WebMD Health News
- ID Experts Answer the Who, How, and When of COVID Testingon October 26, 2021 at 9:29 pm
COVID-19 testing is evolving just like other aspects of the pandemic — and infectious disease experts share the latest on the trials and tribulations of individual testing. Medscape Medical News
- Which Agent Best for Neuromyelitis Optica?on October 26, 2021 at 9:13 pm
A new indirect comparison of three new FDA-approved treatment options for aquaporin4+ neuromyelitis optica has suggested that eculizumab is the most effective. But many limitations have been raised. Medscape Medical News
- Direct Primary Care, With a Touch of Robin Hoodon October 26, 2021 at 9:06 pm
Some doctors, sick of mainstream health care's red tape, are finding refuge in practices that combine concierge medicine with charity care. Kaiser Health News
MedicineNet Daily News Daily Health and Medical News from MedicineNet.com
- AHA News: After Weeks of Flu-Like Symptoms, Open-Heart Surgery at 26on October 27, 2021 at 7:00 am
Title: AHA News: After Weeks of Flu-Like Symptoms, Open-Heart Surgery at 26Category: Health NewsCreated: 10/26/2021 12:00:00 AMLast Editorial Review: 10/26/2021 12:00:00 AM
- Antidepressants Plus Common Painkillers May Raise Bleeding Riskon October 27, 2021 at 7:00 am
Title: Antidepressants Plus Common Painkillers May Raise Bleeding RiskCategory: Health NewsCreated: 10/26/2021 12:00:00 AMLast Editorial Review: 10/26/2021 12:00:00 AM
- Cataracts Tied to Higher Odds of Death From Heart Diseaseon October 27, 2021 at 7:00 am
Title: Cataracts Tied to Higher Odds of Death From Heart DiseaseCategory: Health NewsCreated: 10/26/2021 12:00:00 AMLast Editorial Review: 10/26/2021 12:00:00 AM
- Cancer Costs U.S. Patients $21 Billion a Yearon October 27, 2021 at 7:00 am
Title: Cancer Costs U.S. Patients $21 Billion a YearCategory: Health NewsCreated: 10/26/2021 12:00:00 AMLast Editorial Review: 10/26/2021 12:00:00 AM
- Number of Teens Who Vape Marijuana Doubled in 7 Yearson October 27, 2021 at 7:00 am
Title: Number of Teens Who Vape Marijuana Doubled in 7 YearsCategory: Health NewsCreated: 10/26/2021 12:00:00 AMLast Editorial Review: 10/26/2021 12:00:00 AM