Dental Instruments – Surgical & Knives
Dental surgical knives are sharp instruments used for incisions and excisions in oral surgery. These knives come in various shapes and sizes, and the type of knife used depends on the specific procedure being performed. Some common types of dental surgical knives include:
- Bard Parker Knife: This is a scalpel blade with a detachable handle that can be used for making precise incisions.
- Kirkland Knife: This is a double-edged knife used for making incisions in the gingival tissue during crown lengthening procedures.
- #15 Blade: This is a small, curved blade used for making precise incisions during surgery.
- #12 Blade: This is a larger version of the #15 blade and is commonly used for making longer incisions.
- Sickle Scaler: This is a curved blade used for removing calculus and plaque from the teeth.
- Gingivectomy Knife: This is a knife used for removing excess gum tissue during a gingivectomy procedure.
- Periosteal Elevator: This is a knife used for separating the periosteum from the bone during surgery.
- Molt Curette: This is a spoon-shaped instrument used for removing debris and diseased tissue from the teeth and gums.
These instruments must be used with care and precision to ensure the safety of the patient and to achieve the desired surgical outcome.
Schultz Medical are leading Surgical & Knives Manufacturers
All medical instruments from Schultz Medical are Made in the UK.
CE certified products from an ISO 9001 & 13485 accredited company.