Ophthalmic Instruments- Forceps
Ophthalmic forceps are specialized surgical instruments used in eye surgeries. They are designed with delicate tips and fine blades to perform precise tasks in small spaces within the eye. Ophthalmic forceps are available in various sizes, shapes, and styles, each designed for specific purposes. Some commonly used ophthalmic forceps include:
- Capsulorhexis forceps: Used to make a precise incision in the lens capsule during cataract surgery.
- Iris forceps: Used to grasp and manipulate the iris during eye surgeries.
- Corneal forceps: Used to grasp and hold the cornea during eye surgeries.
- Tying forceps: Used to tie sutures in eye surgeries.
- Conjunctiva forceps: Used to hold and manipulate the conjunctiva during eye surgeries.
- Tenotomy scissors: Used to cut muscles in eye surgeries.
- Epilation forceps: Used to remove eyelashes.
- Chalazion forceps: Used to remove chalazions (a type of eyelid cyst).
These are just a few examples of the many types of ophthalmic forceps used in eye surgeries.
Schultz Medical are leading Ophthalmic Forceps Manufacturers
All medical instruments from Schultz Medical are Made in the UK.
CE certified products from an ISO 9001 & 13485 accredited company.