Ophthalmic Instruments- Hooks / Manipulators
Ophthalmic hooks and manipulators are surgical instruments used in eye surgery to manipulate and control the movement of the eye during the surgical procedure. These instruments come in various shapes and sizes and are made from high-quality materials such as stainless steel, titanium, or plastic.
Some of the common ophthalmic hooks and manipulators include:
- Iris hooks: These are used to stabilize the iris during cataract surgery or other intraocular procedures.
- Scleral hooks: These are used to stabilize the eye during procedures involving the retina or vitreous.
- Lid retractors: These are used to hold the eyelids open during surgery.
- Muscle hooks: These are used to hook and manipulate the extraocular muscles during strabismus surgery.
- Nucleus manipulators: These are used to manipulate the lens nucleus during cataract surgery.
- Capsule retractors: These are used to hold the posterior capsule during cataract surgery.
- Micro hooks: These are small hooks used in procedures that require very fine manipulation.
Ophthalmic hooks and manipulators are important tools in eye surgery as they help to ensure precise and accurate manipulation of the eye, which is crucial for achieving optimal surgical outcomes.
Schultz Medical are leading Ophthalmic Hook and Manipulator Manufacturers
All medical instruments from Schultz Medical are Made in the UK.
CE certified products from an ISO 9001 & 13485 accredited company.