Dental Instruments – Sinus Lift Instruments
Sinus lift instruments are specialized tools used in a surgical procedure called a sinus lift or sinus augmentation. This procedure is typically performed to add bone to the upper jaw in the area of the molars and premolars, where the bone may have deteriorated due to tooth loss or other conditions.
Some examples of sinus lift instruments include:
- Sinus lift curettes: These are used to carefully and gently scrape and remove tissue from the sinus cavity in order to create space for the bone graft.
- Sinus lift elevators: These are thin, flat instruments with a slightly curved end that is used to gently lift the sinus membrane away from the underlying bone, creating a space for the bone graft.
- Sinus lift osteotomes: These are used to prepare the bone in the sinus cavity to receive the bone graft. The osteotome is placed into the bone and gently tapped with a mallet to create a small space for the graft.
- Sinus lift drills: These are used to create a small hole in the bone to access the sinus cavity.
- Sinus lift suction tips: These are used to remove any excess tissue or blood from the sinus cavity during the procedure.
- Sinus lift forceps: These are used to grasp and hold the bone graft material during the procedure.
Overall, sinus lift instruments are designed to be delicate, precise, and minimally invasive, in order to minimize discomfort and promote rapid healing after the procedure.
Schultz Medical are leading Manufacturers of Sinus Lift Instruments
All medical instruments from Schultz Medical are Made in the UK.
CE certified products from an ISO 9001 & 13485 accredited company.