Surgical Instruments – Asepsis Instruments
Asepsis instruments are surgical instruments that are designed and manufactured with the aim of maintaining a sterile surgical environment. These instruments are used in surgical procedures to ensure that the risk of infection is minimized. Infection control is a critical concern in surgery, and using asepsis instruments is an essential component of infection prevention.
Asepsis instruments are made from materials that can be easily sterilized, such as stainless steel or titanium. They are designed to be easy to clean and to maintain their sterility throughout the surgical procedure. These instruments may also have special coatings or finishes that help prevent the buildup of bacteria.
Examples of asepsis instruments include:
- Sterile surgical scissors: These are scissors that have been sterilized and packaged in a sterile environment to prevent contamination.
- Sterile forceps: These are forceps that have been sterilized and packaged in a sterile environment to prevent contamination.
- Sterile scalpels: These are scalpels that have been sterilized and packaged in a sterile environment to prevent contamination.
- Sterile retractors: These are surgical instruments used to hold the edges of an incision or wound apart to allow for better visualization of the surgical site.
- Sterile needle holders: These are surgical instruments used to hold and manipulate needles during surgical procedures.
All asepsis instruments must be sterilized before use to prevent infection. They are typically packaged in sterile pouches or trays and are opened only in the sterile field immediately before use. Proper handling and storage of asepsis instruments are important to maintain their sterility and effectiveness.
Schultz Medical are leading Manufacturers of Asepsis Instruments
All medical instruments from Schultz Medical are Made in the UK.
CE certified products from an ISO 9001 & 13485 accredited company.