Surgical Instruments – Cardiovascular Surgery
Cardiovascular surgery instruments are specialized surgical tools used by surgeons during procedures involving the heart and blood vessels. Some common examples of cardiovascular surgery instruments include:
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) Instruments: These instruments are used during CABG surgery to create a new path for blood to flow around a blocked or narrowed artery. Some examples include heart stabilizers, graft punches, and retractors.
- Aortic Surgery Instruments: These instruments are used during aortic surgery to repair or replace the aorta, the main blood vessel that carries blood from the heart to the rest of the body. Examples include aortic clamps, aortic cannulas, and aortic punches.
- Vascular Surgery Instruments: These instruments are used during vascular surgery to repair or replace blood vessels in the body. Examples include vascular clamps, vessel dilators, and vessel loops.
- Valve Surgery Instruments: These instruments are used during valve surgery to repair or replace damaged heart valves. Examples include valve retractors, valve clamps, and valve dilators.
- Cardiac Surgery Instruments: These instruments are used during various cardiac surgeries, such as heart transplants, pacemaker implantation, and septal defect repair. Examples include cardiac retractors, electrocautery devices, and pacemaker lead extractors.
These instruments must be of the highest quality, made from materials such as stainless steel and titanium, and be precisely machined to ensure accuracy and reliability. They must also be properly sterilized before use to prevent the spread of infection. Cardiovascular surgery instruments require specialized training to use, and they are typically only handled by experienced and skilled cardiac surgeons and their team.
Schultz Medical are leading Manufacturers of Cardiovascular Surgery Instruments
All medical instruments from Schultz Medical are Made in the UK.
CE certified products from an ISO 9001 & 13485 accredited company.