Surgical Instruments – Diagnostic Instruments
Diagnostic surgical instruments are used to examine and diagnose various medical conditions. These instruments are typically designed for use in specific areas of the body, such as the ear, nose, and throat, or for particular medical procedures, such as a biopsy. Some common types of diagnostic surgical instruments include:
- Otoscope: An otoscope is a diagnostic instrument used to examine the ear canal and eardrum. It consists of a light source, magnifying lens, and speculum.
- Ophthalmoscope: An ophthalmoscope is a diagnostic instrument used to examine the interior of the eye, including the retina, optic disc, and blood vessels. It consists of a light source, lens, and various filters.
- Laryngoscope: A laryngoscope is a diagnostic instrument used to examine the larynx and vocal cords. It consists of a light source, handle, and blade.
- Endoscope: An endoscope is a flexible or rigid tube with a light source and camera used to examine the interior of the body, such as the digestive tract, urinary system, or joints.
- Biopsy Forceps: Biopsy forceps are used to collect tissue samples for biopsy. They consist of a long, thin shaft with a small, serrated jaw at the end.
- Speculum: A speculum is a diagnostic instrument used to examine the inside of the vagina, rectum, or ear. It consists of a hinged instrument that can be opened and closed to allow better visibility.
- Retractors: Retractors are diagnostic instruments used to hold open incisions or tissue to allow for better visibility. They come in various sizes and shapes, depending on the area of the body being examined.
Schultz Medical are leading Diagnostic Surgical Instruments Manufacturers
All medical instruments from Schultz Medical are Made in the UK.
CE certified products from an ISO 9001 & 13485 accredited company.