Surgical Instruments – Tracheotomy
Tracheotomy instruments are used in a surgical procedure called tracheotomy or tracheostomy, which involves creating an opening in the neck and trachea (windpipe) to provide an alternative airway for breathing. Some common tracheotomy instruments include:
- Tracheostomy tube: A tube inserted into the trachea to maintain a clear airway.
- Tracheal dilators: Used to dilate the opening in the trachea to allow the tracheostomy tube to be inserted.
- Tracheal hook: Used to stabilize the trachea during the procedure.
- Tracheal spreader: Used to hold open the tracheal incision during the procedure.
- Retractors: Used to retract the muscles and other tissues surrounding the trachea to expose the surgical field.
- Suction catheter: Used to remove secretions or other debris from the trachea.
- Forceps: Used to manipulate or remove foreign objects from the trachea.
These instruments are typically made of surgical-grade stainless steel and are designed to be sterile and single-use to prevent infection.
Schultz Medical are leading Manufacturers of Tracheotomy Instruments
All medical instruments from Schultz Medical are Made in the UK.
CE certified products from an ISO 9001 & 13485 accredited company.