Surgical Instruments – Neuro Surgery
Neurosurgery instruments are specially designed surgical tools used for performing procedures on the brain, spinal cord, and other parts of the nervous system. Some common neurosurgery instruments include:
- Microsurgical instruments: These include microscissors, microforceps, and microdissectors, which are used to manipulate delicate structures during microsurgical procedures.
- Drills and burrs: These instruments are used to remove bone during procedures such as craniotomies or spinal fusions.
- Brain retractors: These are used to hold back brain tissue during surgery, allowing access to the area being operated on.
- Spinal retractors: These are used to hold back soft tissue during spinal surgery.
- Aneurysm clips: These are used to clamp off a blood vessel to prevent bleeding during brain surgery.
- Cerebral aspirators: These are used to remove fluids or blood from the surgical site during brain surgery.
- Ultrasonic aspirators: These use ultrasonic waves to break up and remove tumors or other tissue.
- Stereotactic instruments: These are used for stereotactic procedures, which involve precise targeting of small areas of the brain using computer-guided imaging.
These instruments are typically made of high-quality stainless steel and are designed to be precise, durable, and easy to handle. They must be carefully maintained and sterilized to prevent infection and ensure patient safety.
Schultz Medical are leading Manufacturers of Neuro Surgery Instruments
All medical instruments from Schultz Medical are Made in the UK.
CE certified products from an ISO 9001 & 13485 accredited company.