Surgical Instruments – Otology Instruments
Otology instruments are surgical tools used in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions affecting the ear. These instruments are used by otolaryngologists (ENT doctors) to perform procedures such as ear surgery, hearing tests, and ear cleaning. Some examples of otology instruments include:
- Otoscope: This is a handheld instrument used to examine the ear canal and eardrum.
- Ear curette: This is a small scoop-like instrument used to remove earwax and debris from the ear canal.
- Ear speculum: This is used to hold open the ear canal for examination.
- Tympanometer: This is an instrument used to measure the movement of the eardrum in response to changes in air pressure.
- Mastoid retractor: This is used to hold the skin and soft tissues away from the mastoid bone during surgery.
- Microdrill: This is a powered instrument used to remove bone during ear surgery.
- Myringotomy blade: This is used to make a small incision in the eardrum to relieve pressure and drain fluid.
- Tympanoplasty instruments: These are a set of instruments used to repair a perforated eardrum.
These instruments must be sterilized properly and used by trained professionals to ensure patient safety and successful outcomes.
Schultz Medical are leading Manufacturers of Otology Instruments
All medical instruments from Schultz Medical are Made in the UK.
CE certified products from an ISO 9001 & 13485 accredited company.