Surgical Instruments – Retractors
Retractors are surgical instruments used to hold the edges of a surgical incision or wound open during a surgical procedure, allowing the surgeon to have a clear view and access to the surgical site. They come in different shapes, sizes, and designs and can be either handheld or self-retaining. Some common types of retractors include:
- Handheld retractors: These are manually held by an assistant during the surgery to retract the tissue and provide an unobstructed view of the surgical site.
- Self-retaining retractors: These are spring-loaded and can be positioned and locked in place, providing hands-free retraction.
- Abdominal retractors: These are commonly used in abdominal surgeries and come in different sizes and designs.
- Orthopedic retractors: These are designed for use in orthopedic surgeries to hold the bone or tissue in place while the surgery is being performed.
- Neurosurgical retractors: These are specifically designed for use in neurosurgery to hold the delicate neural tissue and provide access to the surgical site.
- Gynecological retractors: These are designed for use in gynecological surgeries and come in different shapes and sizes depending on the surgical procedure.
- Cardiothoracic retractors: These are designed for use in cardiac and thoracic surgeries to hold the chest open and provide access to the surgical site.
Schultz Medical are leading Manufacturers of Retractors
All medical instruments from Schultz Medical are Made in the UK.
CE certified products from an ISO 9001 & 13485 accredited company.