Surgical Instruments – Obstetrics Instruments
Obstetrics instruments are medical instruments used by healthcare professionals during childbirth and obstetric procedures. These instruments are designed to assist with the safe delivery of a baby and to monitor the health of both the mother and baby during labor and delivery.
Examples of obstetrics instruments include:
- Fetal dopplers: These are handheld devices used to listen to the fetal heart rate during pregnancy.
- Fetal monitors: These are devices used to continuously monitor the fetal heart rate and the mother’s contractions during labor and delivery.
- Vacuum extractors: These are suction devices used to help deliver the baby during childbirth.
- Forceps: These are instruments used to assist with the delivery of the baby’s head during childbirth.
- Amniotomy hooks: These are hooks used to rupture the amniotic sac to induce labor or to speed up the delivery process.
- Episiotomy scissors: These are scissors used to make a small incision in the perineum to widen the vaginal opening during childbirth.
- Obstetric forceps: These are specialized forceps used to rotate the baby’s head during delivery or to assist with the delivery of the baby’s shoulders.
It is essential that healthcare professionals who use obstetrics instruments are properly trained in their use and maintenance to ensure the safety of both the mother and baby during childbirth. Proper sterilization and cleaning protocols must also be followed to prevent infection and ensure that the instruments remain in good condition for future use.
Schultz Medical are leading Manufacturers of Obstetrics Instruments
All medical instruments from Schultz Medical are Made in the UK.
CE certified products from an ISO 9001 & 13485 accredited company.