Surgical Instruments – Rectum Instruments
Rectum instruments are a set of medical instruments that are used to perform various procedures related to the rectum. The rectum is the final portion of the large intestine that connects to the anus. Here are some examples of rectum instruments:
- Anoscope: This is a short, rigid tube with a light source and lens that is used to examine the inside of the anus and rectum.
- Proctoscope: This is a longer, rigid tube with a light source and lens that is used to examine the inside of the rectum.
- Rectal speculum: This is an instrument with two blades that are inserted into the anus to hold it open and provide a better view of the rectum.
- Rectal dilators: These are cone-shaped instruments that are inserted into the anus and gradually widened to dilate the rectum for examination or procedures.
- Rectal forceps: These are used to grasp and manipulate tissues during procedures such as hemorrhoidectomy or fistulotomy.
- Rectal scissors: These are used to cut and dissect tissues during procedures such as hemorrhoidectomy or fistulotomy.
- Rectal suction tube: This is a tube with a suction device that is used to remove fluid or debris from the rectum during procedures.
It is important that these instruments are properly sterilized and maintained to prevent infections and ensure their effectiveness during procedures. Healthcare professionals who use rectum instruments must be properly trained to use them to avoid complications and ensure patient safety.
Schultz Medical are leading Manufacturers of Rectum Instruments
All medical instruments from Schultz Medical are Made in the UK.
CE certified products from an ISO 9001 & 13485 accredited company.