Surgical Instruments – Thoracic & Lung Surgery
Thoracic and Lung Surgery Instruments refer to a wide range of surgical instruments that are specifically designed to be used in thoracic and lung surgeries. These instruments are used to treat a variety of conditions related to the lungs, such as lung cancer, emphysema, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), among others.
Some of the commonly used thoracic and lung surgery instruments are:
- Thoracoscope – A thoracoscope is a surgical instrument used to visualize the lungs, pleura, and mediastinum. It is a type of endoscope that is inserted through small incisions in the chest.
- Rib spreader – A rib spreader is a surgical instrument used to spread the ribs apart to create more space for the surgeon to work during thoracic surgeries.
- Lung clamp – A lung clamp is a surgical instrument used to clamp and control the lung tissue during thoracic surgeries.
- Thoracic forceps – Thoracic forceps are long, thin surgical instruments used to grasp and manipulate tissues within the chest cavity during thoracic surgeries.
- Thoracic scissors – Thoracic scissors are used to cut through tissue and organs during thoracic surgeries.
- Lung retractor – A lung retractor is a surgical instrument used to hold open the incision in the chest wall during thoracic surgeries.
- Bronchoscope – A bronchoscope is a surgical instrument used to examine the airways in the lungs.
- Pleural biopsy needle – A pleural biopsy needle is a surgical instrument used to take a tissue sample from the pleural lining of the lungs.
- Suction device – A suction device is used to remove fluids or debris from the surgical site during thoracic surgeries.
These are some of the common thoracic and lung surgery instruments used by surgeons. The type of instruments used during a procedure depends on the specific surgical technique and the patient’s condition.
Schultz Medical are leading Manufacturers of Thoracic & Lung Surgery Instruments
All medical instruments from Schultz Medical are Made in the UK.
CE certified products from an ISO 9001 & 13485 accredited company.