Surgical Instruments – Intestinal & Stomach Instruments
Intestinal and stomach instruments are a set of medical instruments that are used to perform various procedures related to the intestines and stomach. Here are some examples of intestinal and stomach instruments:
- Gastroscope: This is a flexible or rigid tube with a light source and lens that is used to examine the inside of the stomach.
- Colonoscope: This is a flexible or rigid tube with a light source and lens that is used to examine the inside of the colon.
- Biopsy forceps: These are instruments used to collect tissue samples from the lining of the stomach or intestines for diagnostic purposes.
- Enteral feeding tubes: These are tubes that are inserted into the stomach or intestines to provide nutrition or medications to patients who are unable to eat normally.
- Intestinal clamps: These are used to clamp off a section of the intestine during surgical procedures.
- Intestinal forceps: These are used to grasp and manipulate tissues during intestinal surgeries.
- Intestinal scissors: These are used to cut and dissect tissues during intestinal surgeries.
- Intestinal staplers: These are used to create anastomoses (connections) between sections of the intestine during surgical procedures.
- Intestinal suction tube: This is a tube with a suction device that is used to remove fluid or debris from the intestine during procedures.
It is important that these instruments are properly sterilized and maintained to prevent infections and ensure their effectiveness during procedures. Healthcare professionals who use intestinal and stomach instruments must be properly trained to use them to avoid complications and ensure patient safety.
Schultz Medical are leading Manufacturers of Intestinal & Stomach Instruments
All medical instruments from Schultz Medical are Made in the UK.
CE certified products from an ISO 9001 & 13485 accredited company.