Surgical Instruments – Plaster Instruments
Plaster instruments are used in orthopedic and traumatology surgeries to immobilize fractures and to provide support and protection to the affected limb or joint. These instruments are also used in the application and removal of casts and bandages. Some of the commonly used plaster instruments include:
- Plaster Shears: These are used to cut plaster or fiberglass cast material without harming the patient’s skin.
- Plaster Knife: This instrument is used to remove old casts and to trim the excess plaster or fiberglass material.
- Plaster Spreader: This instrument is used to spread and apply plaster or fiberglass material over the affected area.
- Plaster Cast Saw: This saw is used to remove the cast after the healing process is complete.
- Cast Breaker: This instrument is used to remove the cast by breaking it apart.
- Plaster Trowel: This instrument is used to apply and smooth plaster over the affected area.
- Plaster Scissors: These are used to cut plaster bandages to the desired size and shape.
- Plaster Bandage Cutter: This instrument is used to cut plaster bandages into strips for easy application.
- Plaster Bandage Roller: This instrument is used to roll plaster bandages onto the affected area to provide support and immobilization.
Schultz Medical are leading Manufacturers of Plaster Instruments
All medical instruments from Schultz Medical are Made in the UK.
CE certified products from an ISO 9001 & 13485 accredited company.