Plastic Surgery Instruments – Retractors
Plastic surgery retractors are surgical instruments used to hold and retract tissue during plastic and reconstructive surgery. They are designed to provide optimal exposure of the surgical site while minimizing damage to surrounding tissues.
There are several different types of plastic surgery retractors, each designed for a specific purpose. Some of the most common types include:
- Self-Retaining Retractors: These retractors can be locked into place, allowing the surgeon to use both hands to perform the surgery.
- Handheld Retractors: These retractors are held by an assistant and manually positioned by the surgeon.
- Skin Hooks: These are small hooks used to lift and retract the skin during surgery.
- Lip Retractors: These retractors are used during lip surgery to hold the lip in place and provide exposure of the surgical site.
- Nasal Retractors: These retractors are used during nasal surgery to hold the nasal tissue in place and provide exposure of the surgical site.
Plastic surgery retractors are typically made of high-quality stainless steel and may have a variety of shapes and sizes to accommodate different areas of the body. They must be properly sterilized before each use to prevent the spread of infection.
Proper training and experience are necessary to use plastic surgery retractors safely and effectively. Healthcare professionals must be familiar with the specific instrument being used, as well as the potential risks and complications associated with its use. Additionally, care must be taken to ensure that the retractors do not cause damage to surrounding tissues during the surgery.
Schultz Medical are leading Manufacturers of Plastic Surgery Retractors
All medical instruments from Schultz Medical are Made in the UK.
CE certified products from an ISO 9001 & 13485 accredited company.