Surgical Instruments – Maxillo-Facial Instruments
Maxillofacial instruments are a set of medical instruments used in surgical procedures involving the bones, muscles, and other tissues of the face and jaws. These instruments are used to perform surgeries to correct abnormalities, deformities, injuries, or diseases of the head, neck, face, and jaws. Here are some examples of maxillofacial instruments:
- Maxillofacial retractors: These are used to hold the soft tissues of the face and mouth aside during the surgery to provide access to the underlying tissues.
- Maxillofacial osteotomes: These are used to cut and shape the bones of the face and jaws.
- Maxillofacial elevators: These are used to lift and separate the bones and tissues during the surgery.
- Maxillofacial rongeurs: These are used to remove bone tissue.
- Maxillofacial pliers: These are used to grasp, manipulate, and cut tissues during the surgery.
- Maxillofacial saws: These are used to cut the bones of the face and jaws.
- Maxillofacial screws and plates: These are used to fix and stabilize the bones during the surgery.
Proper maintenance, sterilization, and handling of these instruments are crucial to prevent infections and ensure their effectiveness during procedures. Surgeons who use these instruments must be properly trained and experienced in their use to ensure patient safety and successful outcomes.
Schultz Medical are leading Manufacturers of Maxillo-Facial Instruments
All medical instruments from Schultz Medical are Made in the UK.
CE certified products from an ISO 9001 & 13485 accredited company.